Friday 19 October 2012

ROTD - Slimming World Quiche

So for my first Recipe of the Day (ROTD) I decided to make a quiche.  If you search on forums there are hundreds of variations for this, but I decided to just go for the most basic recipe.  As I did not use 'fat free' cottage cheese - because the shop didn't have any - then this will be syned as 9, but usually this will be free on Extra Easy if you used Fat free.

Disclaimer - Where the lights are in my kitchen, it caused a shadow, so the photos aren't the best.


Ingredients





3 eggs
300g low fat cottage cheese
3 rashers of bacon
1 pepper
onions
mushrooms 
sliced tomato for top
35g of cheese (HEa)


Method

Chop up vegetables (use whatever you like) and cut up bacon.  Pop in frying pan for a few minutes to partially cook and soften.





 Mix eggs and cottage cheese in a bowl.  Mine was quite lumpy, so I took the blender to it!


                                    

Add veg and bacon to egg and cottage cheese mix.  Mix together and put into pan or individual muffin tins.  Top with cheese and tomato.





Pop in oven at around 150C for 30 minutes or until it looks ready. (I didn't pre-heat oven as I forgot!)

And.....





It looked pretty good!!!  Because of the size of my tin, it ended up quite thin as it obviously spread out. But when cut, the structure held well.






The Verdict

It tasted pretty good!!! And I managed to consume half of it for lunch!!


Has anyone else made SW quiche?







1 comment:

  1. You could also try quark instead of cottage cheese? It's also fat free :0) great blog x

    ReplyDelete